Tourist Attractions for Groups
In the summertime our area is full of things to see and to do, with tourist attractions, natural alpine beauty spots, panoramic views and so much more, all relatively close by! We are more than happy to prepare a customised programme for your group to help you get the most out of your stay with us!
Here are just a few of the options:
The Hochnössleralm is approx. 5km from the hotel, and is easily accessible with your own tour bus as the Bifangweg road is all tarmac now. Otherwise you can take our local taxi up there for an extra fee. The Hochnössleralm is at approx. 1,300m above sea level and has wonderful views out over Altenmarkt and the surrounding mountains. A short walk around our own lake adds to the wonderful memories. If anyone fancies a refreshing dip, they are welcome to swim in the lake!
The Sun Terrace has sun loungers for those looking to relax but we also have the "Hackstocknageln-Nail Game" for those looking for entertainment. Much more difficult than it would first appear, you just need to hit the nail in to the wood with a hammer!
We are happy to provide coffee and cake in the afternoon with a light musical accompaniment.
In the evening there'll be a barbeque or a traditional hut menu (included with half-board) followed by Hüttengaudi with live music, a chance to dance and fun entertainment to join in with. The party ends when the guests are ready to leave.
Lungau, the southernmost county in Salzburgerland and one of the highest situated, is just over the Radstädter Tauern pass (Obertauern). On the way to Zederhaus, where your host Sepp was born, you pass the old Mauterndorf castle and Moosham palace. Meet the mayor, then walk along the Mühlen (Mills) walking trail or drive through the Riedingtal Nature Park. There is a beautiful hut on the edge of the emerald green Schlierer lake that is ideal for a break and if you feel like it, you can take a walk around the lake. The return journey takes the A10 motorway through the Tauern tunnel via Flachau to Altenmarkt.
Total distance covered: approx. 140km
Our scenic mountain tours have a great range of beautiful alpine ranges for you to admire. Here are just a few of them:
- Dachstein Panorama tour around Filzmoos and the summer pasture farms, up to Ramsau by the Dachstein Massif and glacier, and then on to Schladming. approx. 80km
- Hochkönig Panorama tour to Mühlbach am Hochkönig, maybe a visit to Arthurhaus and the cheese makers, Maria Alm, Dienten and Zell am See. Approx. 145km
- Großglockner circuit - Take the Großglockner high mountain pass from Bruck/Fusch right over to Heiligenblut (Carinthia), then drive back on the A10 via Katschberg and Tauern tunnels). Approx 280km.
Many people admire our lakes and maybe even take a boat ride out to get the best views. Here is a selection of the favourites:
- Salzkammergut Lakes tour i.e. Wolfgang Lake with a ferry ride, Gosau Lake, Hallstatt Lake, perhaps a visit to the Gingerbread factory. Approx 255 km.
- Königs Lake-Berchtesgaden: Ferry ride to the idyllic St. Bartholomä chapel, maybe a visit to an enzian schnapps distillery. Approx 170 km .
Half day tours to our smaller local lakes:
- Zauchensee (approx. 20km)
- The small but beautiful Jägersee (approx. 50 km)
Full Day Trips:
- Salzburg (approx. 155 km)
- Wörthersee Lake-Velden (approx. 240 km)
- Malta Valley (approx. 200 km)
- Nockalm Mountain Pass (approx. 200 km)
- Tauern Reservoir, Dam and Power Station at Kaprun (approx.140 km)
- Gasteiner Valley (approx. 110 km)
- Krimml Waterfalls (approx. 200 km)
- Admont Monastery (approx. 220 km)
Half Day Trips:
- Liechtenstein Gorge in St. Johann (approx. 50 km)
- Hohenwerfen Castle with guided tour and Birds of Prey Show (approx.70 km) ("Where Eagles Dare" was filmed here)
- Giant Ice Caves with lift ride and guided tour (approx. 70 km)
- Salt Mines at Hallein with guided tour and museum (approx. 100 km)
This is just a small selection from the huge range on offer in our area. We are happy to tell you about other options that may suit your group better and will gladly advise you on costs including entry prices, tolls, ferry rides, etc.